I have just posted an article with demo screencasts on my work blog @the.coalface. The article is concerned with using a new feature of Google Docs Spreadsheets: web form data entry. I intend to use it for project allocation this year, but there are loads of other uses both within education and without.
To get some additional context, read the following articles first.
- Stop Sharing Spreadsheets, Start Collecting Information. Google announces its “fill out a form” feature.
- GoogleDocs Form Tutorial. YouTube video by “govandlaw“
- Create Survey Forms with Google Docs, Technology Bites.
- Embed Your Forms, [in your blogs, Blackboard, wiki, etc], Google Docs Blog.
- How to Survey your Customers (includes a video) from AWeber communications.
Although lacking in features provided by subscription sites like SurveyMonkey, it’s a lot simpler to set up and use than most of the alternatives provided by Outlook and SharePoint.
Most of us want data we can analyse in our spreadsheets and that’s exactly what Google Docs Web Forms provides. For a quick and dirty solution, it probably can’t be bettered!